MINUTES OF THE 7TH CEC (EMERGENT) VIDEO LINK MEETING KARACHI / LAHORE
JULY 25TH 2019
|1||Mr. Zahid SaeedChairman PPMA||Indus Pharma (Pvt) Ltd|
|2||Dr. Tahir AzamSr. Vice Chairman PPM||Mega Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|3||Mr. Shafiq Ahmed AbbasiVice Chairman PPMA||Novamed Pharmaceuticals|
|4||Mr. Shahzaib AkramEx. Officio||Mass Pharma|
|5||MR. ASAD SHUJA UR REHMANFORMER CHAIRMAN PPMA||The Schazoo Pharmaceutical Laboratories|
|6||Mr. Hamid RazaMember CEC PPMA||Neutro Pharma|
|7||Mian Khalid Misbah ur RehmanMember CEC PPMA||Popular Chemical|
|8||Miss. Irum NailaMember CEC PPMA||Highnoon Laboratories|
|9||MR. IMTIAZ AHMEDMEMBER CEC OF PPMA||Medisave Pharmaceuticals|
|10||MR. MOHSIN ILYAS SHEIKHMEMBER CEC OF PPMA||P. D. H. LABORATORIES (PVT) LTD|
|11||MR. SH KHALID MEHMOODMEMBER CEC OF PPMA||VEGA PHARMACEUTICALS (PVT) LTD|
|12||MR. AMIR SALEEM BUTTMEMBER CEC OF PPMA||AMEER PHARMA (PVT) LTD|
|13||DR. FAISAL Q. KHOKHARMEMBER CEC OF PPMA||Remington Pharmaceutical|
|14||Mr. Hanif SattarMember CEC PPMA||Otsuka Pakistan|
|15||Mr. Adnan HiraniMember CEC PPMA||Hiranis Pharma|
|16||Mr. Nadeem Ahmed ChandnaMember CEC PPMA||Elko Organization|
|17||Mr. Sohail MatinMember CEC PPMA||Glaxosmith Kline|
|18||Mr. Saboor AhmedMember CEC PPMA||Karachi Chemical|
|19||Mr. Amin M. NottaMember CEC PPMA||Cibex Pharma|
|20||Mr. Asif Aziz AkhaiMember CEC PPMA||Akhai Pharmaceuticals|
|21||Dr. Mahwash KhanMember CEC PPMA||Ophth Pharma|
|22||MR. SHAMIM AHMEDMEMBER OF CEC PPMA||SAMI PHARMACEUTICALS|
|23||MR. KASHIF SAJJAD SHFORMER CHAIRMAN||CCL PHARMACEITCAL|
|24||MR. AMJAD ALI JAWAFORMER CHAIRMAN||WILSHIRE LAB|
|25||MR. QAZI MANSOOR DILAWARFORMER ZONAL CHAIRMAN PPMA NORTH ZONE||SEARL IV SOLUTION|
7th CEC meeting started with recitation of Holy Quran by Mr. Saboor Ahmed Member CEC South.
During welcome remarks Chairman PPMA briefly discuss about his telecom meeting with Honorable Minister NHS, R&C Dr. Zafar Mirza. He said in relation to CPI Dr. Zafar Mirza shown his apprehension that, once again he is expecting hype due to CPI adjustment of Price. Both PPMA & Ministry of NHS need to converge for solution of probable issue.
Minister NHS, R&C Dr. Zafar Mirza suggested following:
- Essential medicine list be price controlled.
- De-regularization of other drugs.
- Zafar Mirza said that, those essential drugs which became unviable shall be given price adjustment to make them available at reasonable price. However, for couple of month this matter should be paused to avoid media hypes. He said now it’s over to you for suggestion.
Chairman PPMA Mr. Zahid Saeed responded to take the subject matter to CEC for discussion and solution. He said that, in the light of above meeting with Minster NHS we arranged this emergent (7th CEC) meeting to have opinion of each member. Mr. Zahid Saeed added that, CPI was issued on 2nd July 2019 and companies have already applied for price adjustment, and those who applied for price increase will get the required adjustment. I informed the Minister NHS that, apparently it looks difficult to delay. However, he will go back to CEC for their opinion and then we could reply for any solution. Mr. Zahid Saeed said, I asked few clarifying questions from Minister NHS before coming to CEC, those are:
- What do you mean by de-regulation of other drugs?
Minister NHS Reply: Complete deregulation of price. However, he expressed his concern over unchecked / irresponsible price increase which may lead to bad image.
- Why you want us to wait for the essential drug list for six months? Why can’t we base it to current EDML?
Minister NHS reply: We want to follow the WHO guide lines in this connection. However, existing list may be considered to access for any amendment is carried out in due course.
- In case to wait for the next six months for essential drugs, what compensation do we have from government?
Minister NHS reply: I understand it and we can discuss the options. However, you may discuss with your CEC members and then we will discuss again.
CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF 6TH CEC MEETING HELD ON 13TH JULY 2019 AT MARRIOT HOTEL
Confirmed by: Mr. Adnan Hirani Member CEC South.
Seconded by: Mr. Hamid Raza Member CEC North.
- ONE POINT AGENDA: SUGGESTION BY STATE MINISTER FOR NHS,R&C, DR. ZAFAR MIRZA.
- Based on briefing given by Chairman PPMA Mr. Zahid Saeed on a subject, Sr. Vice Chairman PPMA Dr. Tahir Azam commented that, talking about CPI issuance, price increase is an automatic process as per drug pricing policy, so in this relation any sort of noise level seems unrealistic!
- Secondly, till the existing pricing policy is available companies will follow it automatically and no one can stop till the issuance of new Pricing Policy,,, Dr. Tahir Azam.
- Thirdly companies are acting for their righteous and none of them asking for any illegal favor. He added that, despite undue increase in $ US, companies are manufacturing drugs merely for the sake of patients without any gain,,, Dr. Tahir Azam.
- Fourthly, barely we are manufacturing drugs in these circumstances. Why each time industry should compromise with DRAP rulings? He said, It’s high time that, we should get on standing for own demands now,,, Dr. Tahir Azam.
- Previously two Ex – Secretaries including Ex – Minister NHS, never full filled their commitments due to immense pressure,,, Former Chairman PPMA, Mr. Mian Asad Shuja Ur Rehman.
- We have to pressurize our demand from Govt. as nothing will come automatically,,, Mr. Amjad Java, , , Former Chairman PPMA.
- We need to see the impact of adjustment, that how we can survive in this scenario, , , Mr. Kashif Sajjad, Former Chairman PPMA.
- In case of deregulation, if the prices goes up even more then 7%, how Govt. will manage public reaction, , , Mr. Kashif Sajjad, Former Chairman.
- Chairman PPMA Mr. Zahid Saeed seconded comment of Mr. Kashif Sajjad, Former Chairman.
- We must not compromise on due nominal price increase verses the inflation / devaluation of PKR, , , Mr. Hamid Raza, Member CEC.
- Secondly, Essential Drug List is available both with WHO & DRAP records. Addition / deletion of molecules are barely a matter of 3 working days than what is the rationale behind six months as said by Minister NHS., , , Mr. Hamid Raza, member CEC & Former Chairman.
- This act doesn’t seems to be fare enough for industry, , , Mr. Sohail Matin member CEC.
- Due to unviable prices, manufacturers have stopped manufacturing particular drugs because of which those medicines falls into category of ORPHAN MEDICINE. , , , Mr. Asif Aziz Akhai, member CEC.
- Current price policy should continue, , , Mr. Mian Khalid Misbah Ur Rehman, Member CEC.
- Chairman PPMA said, we should stick to CPI proposal strictly, given under 2018 price policy by Govt. & we must not deviate from it. , , , Consensus of house.
- We should engage Ministry with our view points, including our focus on one molecule one price strategy till the better proposal comes from Ministry, after that we will call another CEC meeting.
- How to reverse duty & taxes (20% increase) on Ghani Glass ampoules as well as 20% RD on Meter dose? , , , Former Chairman PPMA Mr. Asad Shuja Ur Rehman.
- During 6th CEC meeting Committee was formed to refer this subject. , , , Mr. Zahid Saeed.
Decisions of 7th CEC Meeting:-
- CEC approved PKR: 6 lac Budget for Video Link to be installed at PPMA Islamabad / Lahore / Karachi offices.
- Written information to be sent to Vision Pharmaceuticals regarding rejection of their application for new membership of PPMA through PPMA Head Office Islamabad.
- Engage Ministry till better proposal.
OTHER AGENDA ITEM
CEC approved Chief Election Commissioner & team as per follow:-
- Chief Election Commissioner = Mr. Chaudhry Muhammad Hanif. CEO Hansel Pharmaceuticals
- Assistant Commissioner = Mr. Saleem Iqbal , CEO Unison Chemical Works (Lahore)
- Assistant Commissioner = Mr. Muhammad Ikhlas, CEO, Regent Pharma, (Karachi)
- Assistant Commissioner = Mr. Irfan Mehmood Qazi, Director Operation, Leads Pharma, (Islamabad)
CEC approved new enrolment of Pharmasole Pharmaceuticals North.
7th CEC Meeting ended with vote of thanks by Chairman PPMA Mr. Zahid saeed.
Secretary General PPMA